Have you identified your Intellectual Property yet? Use IP Audit to find out!
IP Audit is an internal (or external) identification process of all Intellectual Property (IP) assets a company has on a specific day.
Consistent and qualitative IP Audit identifies all types of intellectual property (industrial IP, copyrights and related rights and "soft IP"), its remaining lifetime, indicates extent of usage, its importance and preferably its estimated value for the company. It helps company to be fully aware of its Intellectual Property and represents a starting point to prepare a consistent IP Policy and IP Strategy.
Benefits of conducting IP Audit:
- Helps you to identify ALL intellectual property, that can be source of additional income (profits etc.);
- Ensures prompt and suitable actions are taken in order to protect company's IP;
- Helps with redefining IP strategy and its key indicators;
- It helps with decisions regarding using IP as Collateral or in Licensing Negotiations;
- Very useful information in Mergers&Accqusitions etc.